Life is good! My guys and I all took the train up to Vashon Island for my mom’s birthday. We have lots of good things planned for the weekend, including a swank overnight in Seattle with my guy. As always, the Island is an allergy-tastic, wonderland. But! I have some cool links for you all. Just because I’m on vacation, doesn’t mean I can’t find things for you all to look at.
Speaking of Seattle:
- The New York Times has a great post about national fruit parks. One is slated to become the Beacon Food Forrest in Seattle. There are many other public fruit venues springing up around America.
- Want to know more about the Beacon Food Forrest? Check out Why Don’t You Try This?
- Feathered dinosaurs? Here are the 10 Best Recent Dinosaur Discoveries. Suck on that Jurassic Park.
- NPR writes about a new set of closed-captioned glasses are going to help the hard-of-hearing-movie-going-public. These glasses will have closed captions on the inside of the lens. I’m looking forward to owning a pair of these.
- This is the physical therapist, Optimal Results, that I have gone to in Portland. They have been great for my health. This is an awesome piece on Physical Therapy for Fibromyaliga.
For your media this week, Col. Hadfield’s version of David Bowie’s Space Oddity:
Col. Chris Hadfield is my new hero. For those of you not in the know, he is a Canadian astronaut who just came back to Earth after a five month stay in the International Space Station. He has made a ton of amazing experimental video about what happens to things in Space. You should definitely check him out.
With that, I’m off to enjoy my vacation.
As always, thanks for reading and please share.